Unless visitation privileges have been revoked, inmates are permitted two visits per week up to one hour in length on specified days. Up to three people may visit per visiting day.
Inmate Visiting Days and Times
- Saturday and Sunday from 9AM-7PM (must register before 6PM)
- Monday and Tuesday from 12PM-10PM (must register before 9PM)
Visitation days vary depending on an inmate’s classification and are subject to change. Please call the correctional facility to determine which days you may visit.
- Monday through Friday, from 7AM to 11PM, call 973-631-5174.
- All other times (including holidays), call 973-631-5416.
All visitors must present valid United States government-issued photo identification or a valid passport (with photo) issued from a country other than the United States. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Driver’s license
- State issued identification card (any state)
- Military identification
- U.S. Immigration identification (including visas)
- Current high school/college identification
- Marriage license (with one of the above)
- Birth certificate (with one of the above)
Rules, Regulations & Procedures for Inmate Visitation
The following rules and regulations shall apply to all visitors:
- Visitors under the age of 18 years need not have identification but must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who possesses approved identification.
- Individuals on parole or the Sheriff’s Labor Assistance Program (SLAP) are precluded from visiting.
- No electronic devices may be brought into the facility. This includes cell phones, tablets and similar devices.
- All visitors are subject to search of their person and belongings. It is recommended that personal belongings not be brought into the facility.
- Inmates may not receive items of any type from visitors. This prohibition includes but is not limited to food, medicines, clothing, cards and/or packages.
- Persons with a warrant will be arrested.
- Correctional officers may deny a request for visitation or terminate a visit if deemed necessary for security purposes.
- Questions regarding either inmate or visitor eligibility will be resolved by the shift commander.