Inmates may send and receive mail on a daily basis. All mail received must have a return address or it will be returned to the post office.
- All received mail will be opened and inspected for contraband (items not allowed to be received while confined at the correctional facility).
- Mail sent to inmates incarcerated at the correctional facility must be mailed to the following address with the inmate’s name clearly indicated on the envelope:
Morris County Correctional Facility
Attn: [Inmate’s Name]
43 John Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
- Inmates cannot receive greeting cards.
- Inmates are not allowed to receive cash, stamps, or envelopes. Such items will be removed and returned to the sender at the inmate’s expense. Inmates have the opportunity to purchase stamped envelopes. When inmates are without funds, they will be provided a limited number of envelopes.
- The only reading materials accepted through the mail are books and magazines mailed directly from an approved online store.
- If an inmate is no longer within our facility, the letter will be returned to the sender.
- Inmates cannot receive e-mail. Also, we do not have the ability to pass along e-mail messages to them.
- Critical messages, such as the death of a child or parent, may be called in to the shift commander at 973-631-5416. The shift commander will decide what messages will be delivered and what level of support services will be provided to the inmate as a result of that message.
Most inmates have daily access to telephones between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- Outgoing telephone calls are handled through AdvancePay, a third party vendor whose service enables family members and friends of inmates to establish prepaid calling accounts using a credit card, check, money order or Western Union. The AdvancePay service is the only mechanism through which phone calls from the facility can be initiated. A descriptive brochure about this service is available on each housing unit and more information is available at the AdvancePay website (https://web.connectnetwork.com/phone-messaging/advancepay/).
- All telephone calls are recorded.
- There is no provision for incoming calls to inmates incarcerated at the facility.
- Correctional facility personnel do not accept or pass along phone messages.
Inmates may not receive personal property or gifts from outside the institution.
- By request, inmates may receive clothing for court appearances (trial/sentencing).
- Inmates may send accumulated personal property out of the facility at any time, at the expense of the inmate. Alternatively, inmates may have friends or relatives pick up personal property (by request) on the inmate’s scheduled visiting day.
Inmates may receive account deposits in several ways:
- Funds may be deposited into an inmate’s account by mail or hand-delivered to the facility. Payment must be in the form of a money order made payable to the inmate. Funds are accepted Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- We have partnered with Access Corrections, an independent company which provides a secure way to deposit funds into an inmate’s account via the internet, telephone or lobby kiosk. Access Corrections charges a service fee, per transaction, based on the amount of money added to an account.
- Telephone: Call toll-free 1.866.345.1884.
Internet: Visit http://www.accesscorrections.com.
Lobby Kiosk: 6AM – 10PM; MasterCard, Visa and cash.
All bails, fines, fees and probation payments accepted at the correctional facility must be paid by cash, money order or cashier’s check.
Note: Bails are not accepted between 10PM and 6AM.