A partnership of the Morris County Sheriff’s Office and the Morris County Department of Human Services
We provide Morris County Identification Cards for Morris County residents ages 18 – 54 who may not have a driver’s license or just want another form of identification. These cards are used for identification purposes only and may not be accepted by certain agencies that require a state ID (such as a driver’s license).
To obtain a Morris County Identification Card, you must prove your citizenship or legal status by
presenting one (1) of the following:
- U.S. Birth Certificate (must have official seal and filing date from the municipality or state in
which you were born)
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Naturalization Certificate/Certificate of Citizenship
- Permanent Resident Card
In addition, you must prove your identity and Morris County residency by presenting:
- a valid New Jersey Driver’s License
- a New Jersey Non-Driver Identification Card
- OR two (2) of the following:
- Valid Library Card
- Voter Registration Card
- Auto Registration
- Work ID with recognizable photo
- Social Security Card
- Health Insurance Card
- PLUS a recent mailing (within 6 months) to your home address in order to establish Morris County residency
Visit our office any time from 10:00am – 2:00pm, Tuesdays or Thursdays, or call for an appointment. We are located at the Morris County Courthouse, 56 Washington St., Morristown, NJ – get directions.
For more information on obtaining your Morris County Identification Card, please call 973-285-6600.